Academy Group is Bexley Swimming Club’s entry group. The age of swimmers within this group should not exceed 10 years.
- 25m freestyle, using bi-lateral breathing.
- 25m backstroke.
- 25m breaststroke (with legal leg kick).
- 25m butterfly (simultaneous arms & legal leg kick).
- A dive from a starting block.
- A forward roll in the water.
Training aims & objectives:
- Learn & develop stroke technique on all four strokes.
- Learn & develop starts, turns & finishes on all four strokes.
- Training in a group environment & lane discipline.
- Have all training equipment (kick-board, fins & drink bottle).
- Introduction to Club Time-Trials & Club Championships.
Criteria for consideration of movement to Development Group:
- Participate in club Time Trials.
- Attend all 3 training sessions on a regular basis.
- Swim 200m freestyle with bi-lateral breathing.
- Swim 100m backstroke with tumble turns.
- Swim 100m breaststroke with correct underwater pullouts.
- Swim 25m butterfly.
- Swim 100m IM with correct turns.
- A competitive racing dive.
- Correct finishes on all four strokes.
- Respect for coaching staff.
- Willingness to learn.
- Good lane discipline.